Elite-Edge (Technical Specs)
A premium blend of polyethylene gives this lawn edging its superior flexibility, strength and resistance to weathering. Elite – Edge features a height of 5″ from top to bottom a longer V-lip to help prevent frost heave and a 1″ round top bead. Each 20ft section weighs 6 lbs.
- Item #
5 pieces/bundle (100ft)
4 Steel Stakes per piece
1 Connector per piece
Lawn Edging 20ft sections
1″ Round Top Bead
5″ Tall, 6.0 lbs per strip
- Lay a garden hose or rope on the ground in a general outline of the shape of your planting bed. With a straight edge spade, make a trench (approximately 4″deep) following the outline of the hose or rope.
- If installing more than one piece of edging, connect pieces using “overlap method” and knurled connector.
- Place edging in trench with the V-lip in the ground, toward the planting side of the bed (the round top is the only part that should be above ground).
- Pound stakes flange pointed downward and toward the grass side, through the edging at a 45-degree angle, just above the V-lip portion. Use stakes at curves and connections, spaced evenly through out.
- Tightly pack soil around both sides of the edging and install weed fabric and ground cover (rock, mulch, etc.) up to the round top of the edging.