In 1929 Swedish immigrant John Halquist with help from his son purchased a 2 acre quarry in Sussex Wis. and grew that small quarry into what is now one of the largest stone companies in Wisconsin.
Halquist stone became the innovators in the industry, being the first to use Diamond saws. They pride themselves with manufacturing the highest quality building and landscaping stone known to mankind.
Halquist operates nine quarries located throughout Wisconsin, along with operations in Phoenix, Arizona and Las Vegas. The company is currently in its fourth generation of ownership.